Monday, November 7, 2011

ALAS Ethical Sleepwear from Australia

(all images courtesy of ALAS ethical sleepwear)

As a mother of four year old twin boys, sleep is something that I fantasize about a lot. I used to get a full eight hours of rest every night, but some times this just does not always happen now as I am either wakened at night be a crying little voice, or I simply have to stay up later than I would like to in order to finish writing projects or work in my art studio.

I was thrilled to recently come across this gorgeous new sleepwear label from Australia called ALAS. 'All Light All Shadow' offers a cool, breathable collection of soft separates made from the finest certified organic cotton fabrics and AZO-free dyed prints. The designers are particularly committed to sourcing their cotton ethically and consequently choose to work with suppliers who are fair trade and do not employ children in the fields or factories.


ALAS received the The Ethical Fashion Forum's Pure Spirit Award in the INNOVATION Awards 2011 line up. The designers also shared that "their first collection has been well received in Australia, with an official launch coming up in late November at The Corner Shop. We are very excited about our brand sitting alongside some of the best Australian labels as well as international names such as Isabele Marant and Marni."

A beautiful effort and ethical enterprise that will no doubt help us to rest a bit easier during both our waking and dreaming hours. I, for one, am comforted by their state-of-the-heart vision.


No comments: