Friday, January 20, 2012

Off The Grid Runway: The Tree Collection

*image source

As many of you may already know, I keep a visual journal on Tumblr called, Lost In Fiber. I started gathering these images as a record of my research on ideas related to 'fashioning self and the environment'. For a long time, I have been dreaming of highlighting select images from Lost in Fiber in a new series called, Off The Grid Runway – an illustrated sequencing of how contemporary fashion can and should exist in the context of environmental relatedness. For me, this is an important layer in our understanding of why fashioning self is an act of artful resourcefulness and deeper connectivity.


*image source

My first 'off the grid' feature is called The Tree Collection. I have tried to credit sources as accurately as possible. I hope that this new idea inspires you to go even deeper in your quest for conscious, personal style. 


* image source Juma Studio
* image source
* Tim Walker for Vogue UK / source
*image source
*Valerie Hagerty / source
* image source
*image source

3 comments:

Under The Root said...

This is such sweet content to see. We just finished our Entelechy collection which was a gathering of pieces inspired by a specific tree. The Pacific Northwest surrounds every moment of time here.. with a forest in your eyes even..

Abigail Doan said...

That is fantastic, 'Under The Root'. We love your designs and artistic vision. Good luck with all in 2012.
Best wishes ~ Abigail

Abigail Doan said...

Also, I just added your blog link to my favorites on Ecco*Eco. Sorry to be so remiss about this.